Why You Should Eat Chocolate
Can you add dark chocolate to your every day life and not pack on the pounds? The answer is a resounding YES!
Dark chocolate is almost like magic. I say this because when you have a craving for chocolate, and you take just a bite (just a 1 oz. square of a 70% or higher in cacao bar) a seemingly nibble to most chocoholics…you will find.. that is all you need! I have never been let down by this tasty perk of dark chocolate and it can work for you too.
Dark chocolate (really is a plant food with low sugar) that kicks cravings to the curb because it contains phytonutrients such as flavonoids, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fiber and more that will increase your optimal health and weight loss.
What are additional key features of dark chocolate?
- Research has shown that Dark chocolate containing over 70% cacao can help protect against Type 2 Diabetes. This delicious treat has high a high concentration of flavanoids are associated with lower insulin resistance and the ability to balance blood sugar. Insulin sensitivity is perhaps, one of the most important factors of optimal health for everyone. Foods with the highest concentration of this compound are onions, apples, berries, kale, and broccoli having highest concentrations.
- Chocolate contains bio-active compounds that lower inflammation associated with diabetes, weight gain, obesity, cardiovascular disease and cancer.
- If you are stressed, 80% dark chocolate can help reduce stress. Dark chocolate is high in the mineral magnesium. Stress eats up the magnesium stores in your body and this deficiency not only creates more stress and anxiety, but weight gain as well.
- Dark chocolate lowers blood pressure, decreases your risk of stroke, heart disease and high blood pressure
- As if you didn’t know..dark chocolate is a mood booster. The reward center of the brain lights up and that means happy because Dark chocolate stimulates the production of endorphins, chemicals in the brain that bring on feelings of pleasure..a win-win.
So go ahead! Indulge every day and know, when you do..you are helping to create optimal health and weight loss.
To your good health,
© 2014 DLS HealthWorks, LLC.
Lori Shemek, PhD, Health and weight loss expert, is the best-selling author of ‘Fire-Up Your Fat Burn! As a thank you gift for stopping by, I’m giving away my FREE eBook Metabolism Masterclass to create a leaner you.