Reprogramming Your Mind for Health and Fitness
We are a reflection of the thoughts we think. In the arena of health and fitness this is powerfully pronounced. Year after year so many people fail in getting fit. Why? It’s because of their internal drivers.
As we go through life we gather more and more of these internal drivers. Some of which match information from our early childhood. When this happens, it simply increases the connection, whether positive or negative. Each of us have values and beliefs and tend to be aware of anything that matches up to them.
We see what we want to see. If something doesn’t “jive” with what is stored in our subconscious mind, then we may disregard it. We all will suffer a form of perceptual bias. Based on what is stored in our memories, we tend to fill in certain areas. Most of this would be relegated to normal daily occurrences.
We have many filters when we gather incoming information. From those filters we end up making certain decisions which lead to certain behaviors. In health and fitness, if you’re not taking the actions needed, then it’s your subconscious mind taking control. Based on Dr. John Kappas’ Model of the Mind, 88% of one’s mind power comes from the subconscious. 12% is through the conscious area. Years ago I was able to study hypnosis/hypnotherapy with Dr. Kappas and his school, Hypnosis Motivation Institute. This model proved very helpful in understanding our mind.
There are many ways to help you reprogram your mind so that you can move onto the road to health and fitness. You can use different methods at different time and/or combine them to help increase effectiveness.
- Associate with fitness-minded people. Who you are around the most will affect your personal beliefs. Also, you may get information from them that will embed into your subconscious mind without you realizing it.
- Read health and fitness information. When you start this, you may become more interested. This tends to help open your mind to new learnings.
- Use self-hypnosis. Hypnosis of any kind opens a path directly into your subconscious mind where you can make positive suggestions regarding health and fitness. These start to become your new files. On a side note, it may be even more effective to use someone professionally trained as a hypnotherapist or a psychologist trained in hypnosis.
- Get a health and fitness coach. This person can also be part of your association of fitness-minded people. The coach will challenge you and help to set goals. You’ll be held accountable.
- Use a fitness trainer. These professionals are experts in ensuring your body is being transformed using the best in exercise routines tailored just for you. Also, you’ll have another association that will influence your subconscious mind.
- Use affirmations that are emotionally-based. When you can feel it, it becomes more powerful. Make sure to take an action soon afterwards. This helps to develop the neuroconnections necessary to permanent mindset change.
- Use only language that moves you in the direction of health and fitness. This language can be combined with any hypnosis sessions you do. Make sure that the language is powerful in its statement.
- Write in a daily journal the positive steps you made regarding health and fitness. Give yourself a a reward (like a gold star) every time you moved forward. Likewise, give yourself a punishment (like a sad face) every time you went backwards. Over time you’ll be able to see the gold stars versus the sad faces and see if you had an overall positive trend.
There are more ways. Get started with any of these, okay? You’ll thank yourself down the road when you’re fitter than you’ve ever been. In every tip, make sure to take positive action. Action helps to embed deeper into your subconscious mind.
Cheers, Bob Choat