Easy Low-Carb Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Who doesn’t love Taco Night? As you can see, my dog ‘Tessa’ loves it too! :)
You can have your delicious tacos while swapping the conventional carb-laden tortillas with lettuce leaves while ramping up your health with this easy Chicken Taco Lettuce Wraps recipe! Perfect for low-carb, keto or any healthy diet.
Here is an easy recipe for Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
- 1.5 lbs ground chicken or turkey thighs
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tbsp bell pepper, minced
- 3/4-1 cup chicken broth
- 4 oz can tomato sauce
- Sea salt to taste
- 8 large lettuce leaves from Romaine or Butter Lettuce
- Shredded cheddar, sour cream, diced avocados or chopped tomatoes for topping
- Brown chicken in a large skillet breaking it into smaller pieces as it cooks.
- When no longer pink add taco seasoning and mix well.
- Add the onion, pepper, chicken broth, salt, tomato sauce and cover. Simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- Wash and dry the lettuce.
- Divide the meat equally between the 8 leaves and place in the center of each leaf and top with your favorite taco fixings! Enjoy!
©2018 DLS HealthWorks, LLC. Lori Shemek, PhD health expert and weight loss expert. Author of How To Fight FATflammation! and the best-selling author of ‘Fire-Up Your Fat Burn!’