5 Tips to Burn Belly Fat Fast
Chances are you think fat is just fat right? Wrong. There are different types of fat and where the fat is located is vital to our health and weight. It turns out that the fat stored in our belly area promotes a steady stream of inflammatory molecules that not only slow down metabolism, but put you at risk of heart disease and other major diseases. Fortunately, there are 5 simple actions to take that will melt this belly fat fast:
- Stop hunger and cravings with eggs. A recent Tel Aviv University study showed that those who ate 2 eggs for breakfast lost 17 more pounds and 3 inches than those who simply ate a small breakfast without protein. Eggs help reduce the hunger-boosting hormone Grehlin. Having this hormone tamped down will help you sail through the day without the nagging hunger and cravings.
- Eat nuts – especially macadamia nuts. According to a Canadian study, Eating 4 oz. of these yummy nuts can help you to burn belly fat faster..in fact, 62% faster. This belly fat blaster is due to its high concentration of monounsaturated fat (even more than olive oil) that helps hasten the release of stored fatty acids to be utilized for energy.
- Avoid sugar. All types of sugar trigger insulin – our fat storing hormone and it likes to keep the fat there. Fructose triggers another hormone called ‘Leptin’ whose role is to help you feel as if you’ve had enough to eat. However, the fatter we get, the more leptin is released and the body becomes ‘resistant’ to the ‘I’ve had enough to eat’ feeling. So you continue to eat more (gaining more weight) and the continuance of a biochemical drive to keep eating even when we don’t need to.and it becomes a vicious cycle.
- Sip To Slim. White tea is a younger version of green tea but is gaining notoriety as a fat burner due to the antioxidants and plant chemicals contained in white tea that inhibit the development of fat tissue. According to a German study, an extract from white tea can reduce the number of new fat cells produced and break down the fat in existing ones to be used for energy. Drink 3 cups for maximum benefit.
- Interval Training. You can do crunches all day long but that is not going to reduce your belly fat. Keep the core exercises but add to them cardio exercise such as Interval Training. Interval training is quick, only takes minutes and continues to burn fat 24 hours afterwards. One quick Interval training method is to work out with high intensity for only 30 seconds, go back to a moderate pace for 90 seconds and do this eight times. This is one of many types of interval training that will burn fat fast for you. Remember to take it easy in the beginning and build upon each interval as you go and soon you will be doing all eight.
These five tips will begin to turn off that inflammatory reaction and start burning that belly fat now.
To Your Health,
© 2013 DLS HealthWorks, LLC.
Lori Shemek, PhD, Health and weight loss expert, is the best-selling author of Fire-Up Your Fat Burn!