Healthy and Easy Grain-Free Granola
Granola is often considered a ‘health’ food when in fact, it is typically packed with sugar and excess carbohydrates – as much sugar as a candy bar! Enter this healthy, delicious and crunchy granola recipe to save the day (and your health). Excess carbs and sugar are a core component of weight gain and poor health.
This grain-free granola is a healthier version that is nutrient dense and loaded with healthy fat and protein to keep hunger and cravings away for hours. It is easy to make and the aroma is amazing while it bakes. You don’t have to give up your favorite breakfast (or snack) and you will be promoting optimal health!
- 1 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 1 cup non-sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp nut butter
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Extra options: spices, nuts, seeds, dark chocolate nibs
- Preheat oven to 320℉ (160℃). In a large bowl mix together the almonds, coconut, seeds, coconut oil, honey, nut butter, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix well to coat everything evenly.
- Tip the granola onto baking sheets and spread evenly. Bake for 15 minutes, remove and stir granola, return to bake for 10-15 minutes more, or until golden brown. Remove and allow to cool.
- Serve with coconut or almond milk, or some fresh yogurt. The granola can be stored in an airtight container for up to a month.
©2017 DLS HealthWorks, LLC. Lori Shemek, PhD health expert and weight loss expert. Best-Selling Author of How To Fight FATflammation! and the best-selling author of ‘Fire-Up Your Fat Burn!’