Healthy Chicken Fried Rice
- 1 lb Rotisserie chicken, shredded (or about 2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded)
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tbsps sesame oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 cup thawed frozen peas and carrots
- 3 tbsps soy sauce (or to taste)
- 2 whole eggs (lightly beaten)
- 3 tbsps green onions, chopped
- Cook and shred the chicken. I highly recommend cooking it in a slow cooker in this teriyaki sauce.
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Pour sesame oil in the bottom. Add white onion and peas and carrots and fry until tender.
- Slide the onion, peas and carrots to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Using a spatula, scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix the eggs with the vegetable mix.
- Add the rice and chicken to the veggie and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce on top. Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and combined. Add chopped green onions if desired. Serve.