Avocado Egg Muffins
If you are looking for an easy breakfast (or lunch) recipe, this is it! It is healthy, low-carb, keto, paleo and very satiating, keeping you satisfied for hours. In fact, research shows that whole eggs help to promote weight loss due to their high protein and healthy fat content.
These savory muffins are also beautiful to serve, easily transportable and freeze well.
- 8 whole eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, diced
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large measuring cup add the eggs, salt, black pepper, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
- Spray your muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Add to muffin cups, avocado, tomato and cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over the toppings until the muffin cups are ¾ full.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Garnish with more avocado and shredded cheese. Serve warm or freeze. Enjoy!
©2017 DLS HealthWorks, LLC. Lori Shemek, PhD health and weight loss expert. Bestselling author of How To Fight FATflammation! and the bestselling author of ‘Fire-Up Your Fat Burn!’