10 Fitness Tips To Keep Your New Year Resolutions On Track
Whether you are looking to lose weight or get back in shape, New Year is always a good time to keep a resolution on your health and fitness goals. While that might sound like a good idea, it’s very common that not many keep up to their resolution. The reason is often the lack of determination or poor planning. With that in mind, we thought it would make more sense to list out some tips that can help you achieve your health and fitness goals faster in 2017.
Here are our top 10 ideas to help you succeed with your resolution.
- Be self-motivated: If you want to succeed (with anything), you must be a good self-motivator. There is nothing better than you motivating yourself when you are down and taking complete control of your thoughts and actions to achieve your short term and long term goals faster.
- Best vs. Worst: We all want to be healthy and fit but let’s face it; not many of us are willing to pay the price for it. It’s always good to be honest with your interest and goals. Think of the best and worst of your body and mind, and ask yourself which version you want to be. If you want to be the best version of yourself in terms of looks and style, then you gotta be willing to pay the price for it.
- Be realistic: If you have been living on Coke and Pizzas for months, then don’t expect to get back in shape in a couple of weeks. To get the desired results, it’s important that you understand your present body condition and have realistic goals. Being realistic will also help you develop patience, which is the key to succeeding when it comes to one’s health and fitness goals.
- Keep progressing: Exercise, because it’s physical, can be tough. To achieve your desired level of output, you’ll have to undergo several grueling sessions of workout, which is not easy by any means. The harder you work, the better will be the results. So, keep this in mind and never get upset for not having lost a single pound in your first week.
- Three workouts a day: To get a sexy body or even to lose weight, you must make sure that every muscle in your body is paid attention to. According to many gym masters, people in the gym must workout at least three different muscles every day. If you have less time to drive up to the gym, then it makes sense to start working out at home.
The first can be something to do with your arms like biceps, triceps, or forearms and the second muscle can be chest or abs and the third can be your legs. Gradually, you can include neck, shoulders, and other areas in your workout. This will lead to an evenly-shaped body and make you look real good.
- 12 magic weeks: After you’ve managed to avoid coke, cheese, and the other weight-gaining foods for a few weeks, you might definitely be tempted to go for a cheat day. Or even a cheat week. But the truth is, cheat days are the easiest distractions that put people off track and back into their junk food eating routine. To get the best results, make sure you train for at least 12 weeks with no cheat days. It’s the kind of dedication, commitment, and hard work that you put in make things happen for you.
- Set goals: Don’t go to the gym just to release a liter of sweat. To get the best results from your exercise program, make sure that you have daily and weekly goals and you stick to them giving no excuse. For example, a 5 mile run every morning or 60 minutes of weight training for targeted muscles can be in your daily goals when you get out to sweat it out in the gym or outdoor.
- Find a friend: Many people pick gym memberships based on factors like fees, close proximity, and availability of equipment. While that doesn’t sound like a bad idea, there is another thing that you can look out for before choosing your gym and that is the environment. The best environment with the best people will itself act as a motivating factor for you to compete with them set by set and push yourself harder.
- Eat for fitness: Getting is shape isn’t just about avoiding bad fats and carbohydrates. You must also make sure that your diet includes a lot of proteins, vitamins, and minerals so that your muscles respond well to your workouts. Fruits and vegetables are a must; and if you are training for giant biceps and chest muscles, then it’s important that you take at least 40 to 50 grams a protein every day.
- Stick to your plan: Last but not the least, make sure that you train your mind to help you achieve your fitness goals. Great people visualize the results weeks in advance and help put their mind in the right track. The mind controls the body, so if you learn to convince your mind that this program is important to you, then you’ll see that better things will start happening soon.
These are some simple but effective tips to help you stay focused and achieve your health and fitness goals coming New Year. Wish you all the best!
Guest Post by Evelyn Kail